Tuesday 31 July 2012

Faith and America


Faith and America

I chose this website due to its intense focus on Christian America. The website is filled with quotes from the bible, in fact looking at the ‘About us’ section, the whole content is formed of direct quotes. To me this highlights the extremity of their beliefs. The main argument they put forward on the website is that America was formed on Christianity, and therefore this IS the identity of all Americans, they believe this is shown by documents such as the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence. I think this website is relevant in relation to its values. To me, religious freedom is the freedom to believe in your individual beliefs, and yet this website argues that religious freedom is threatened by atheism and that the only way is the Christian way. This is to me, a damaging view point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment